News & Blog Sites for Recruiters and Human Resources Professionals
I’ve repeatedly been asked where we get all of our social content, the answer is a mix of main stream industry news sites and numerous small blogs that publish infrequently but produce some of the most insightful (and opinionated) content.
If you are interested in keeping up with the industry, need content for your own social networks or maybe even thinking about publishing yourself here is a selection of some of our main content sites, divided into recruitment and human resources.
Nearly every site below provides the option to sign up for a weekly email or RSS feed, it is worth signing up to all those that interest you and then gradually unsubscribe to those that don’t add value to your reading.
I subscribe to far more than these but this is a good selection to get anyone started. My own personal favorites are highlighted in bold.
Recruiting News Sites
• ere.net – This site has a diverse range of posts, and is generally less opinionated that others
• recruitingblogs.com & recruitingdaily.com
• fistfulofTalent.com – more opinionated than the mainstream news sites, FOT is more like an amalgamation of lots of personal blogs (in a good way)
Human Resources News Sites
• talentculture.com – my favourite, this site is a little less formal than others and includes a diverse range of bloggers
• sironaconsulting.com– Andy Headworth’s blog is produced on an ad-hoc basis but the content is normally very relevant and well worth reading
Human Resources Blogs
A special thanks to Jennifer McClure at Unbridled Talent because half way through this list I found her recent list of 25 HR & Recruiting Blogs, some of which were new to me and have since been added to my collection.
Please let me know if there is a site we have missed that you think should be on the list or if you have a blog of your own that you would like included.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our weekly blog by clicking here
Over the next month I’m also planning on making a list of great Twitter lists (I know lists of lists). The reason being that clients ask me how to find and engage with people on Twitter and the reality is that without good lists it can be very hard to get involved. If anyone has any great Twitter HR or Recruitment lists I would really appreciate you sharing them – firstname.lastname@example.org